Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why I am a Nokia fangirl..

From the very first time I have seen cellphones in India, the Nokia brand has caught my eye.
My first cellphone was a Nokia 3330, with a WAP browser killer feature, which was a really hot feature at the time. Ever since there's no looking back..I love Nokia phones for all that everyone raves about- battery life, superb hardiness , excellent hardware and feature richness.

Let me also say something about what lies beneath. I started working on the Symbian OS from the year 2000 when a Google search /yahoo search for Symbian did not yield any results.
The first Nokia phone that I wrote software for was Nokia 6600.
I have ever since worked on multiple device releases within Nokia as an employee, gathering more than 11 years of Symbian and Nokia software experience.
I'm passionate about the brand and value that Nokia stands for - Connecting People.
The simple yet hardy spirit of this Finnish company, despite the recent lows, is something that any big corporation could take a leaf out of.
Even when people criticized Nokia, I still believed and hoped that a revival in Nokia was imminent.
There was a period of time this year when the first thing I do in the morning was google for Nokia news.

With the new Symbian Anna and Belle software, the Nokia 700, 701, and 600 phones released, the absolutely gorgeous Meego phone N9 and news about Windows 7.5 (Mango) release, it's more than evident that a resurgence is in store for the world to witness.
I cant wait to bag a chance to attend the Nokia World 2011 in London, to see all the action first hand..and what a coincidence, my first software for a Nokia phone was also written when I was in London!

All the best to Nokia for a mighty comeback to once again emerge as the numero uno in the mobile world!

I reckon by you too would have some comments/speculations about Nokia in 2012-13 ?
Please feel free leave your comments on my blog..

4 comments:

  1. I am sure Nokia will Bounce back in next couple of quarters. Having worked at Nokia for 5+ years, i am still a die hard Nokia Fan and a true nokian at heart..

    i got a glimpse of thier latest windows based phone and beleive me it looks awesome.

    A good software liek WIn 8 and Good Design like NOkia and its stable hardware.. are bound to win the hearts of people...

    Come on Nokia, you gotta do it again this time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were sure right!
    The Mango phone is really good for a first Nokia windows phone device. Hope the nexxt version is even better and comes with front facing camera and NFC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to see a die-hard Nokia fan, Mable. I admire the company for the kind of transformations it has undergone since 1860s. I hope it turns around. and all the best for your blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinay! Yes I too hope for another transformation for this company..

      Delete